Today’s post is by Megan Podolsky, 529 Kids Consign
The beginning of the year as a boutique owner means that it’s time to go to market. It’s an exciting time because I get to preview this season’s latest styles, discover new brands, & bring home the best of it all to share with my customers.
I recently returned from another market trip to New York City and it did not disappoint. Some of the hottest trends for kids were bow ties and hair accessories, and of course jewelry for Mom!
With all these new arrivals coming into 529 in a few short weeks, now is the perfect time to clean out your closet to make room in your home (and make a few extra bucks!) for all these new goodies!
Starting January 15th, we’ll be accepting Spring consignment items. New to consignment? Check out these tips to make the most of your appointment!
Tips For Consigning Your Clothes
- Make sure your clothing is seasonal. We’re looking for Spring items right now, think polos, short sleeve tees and dresses, lightweight pants, sweaters and jackets.
- Make sure clothes are clean and fresh smelling. When choosing items to consign make sure they are clean and stain free. It might be worth a trip to the cleaners for your higher-priced items.
- Brands bring the bucks. Brands like Lilly Pulitzer, Mini Boden, Tea Collection, Kelly’s Kids, Hatley, and Burberry will sell well. You can also check out our list of brands we accept and those we do not here.
- Prepare clothes to look their best. Replacing buttons, cutting loose threads, ironing shirts and collars and zipping zippers can make all the difference. Think about making your clothes look like they’re ready for display.
- Know the rules. Let us know if you’re bringing more than 50-75 items so we can plan for your appointment. Make sure all items are clean, free of pet fur and stains and show no signs of wear and tear. Make sure you’ve looked at which brands we will and won’t accept before folding your items neatly & bringing them in. Take a look at www.529kidsconsign.com to learn more about our consignment policies.
If you have any questions about consignment, if an item is suitable, or to make an appointment, contact us at 703-567-4518 or firstname.lastname@example.org!