This post was written by Christen Kinard, Forge Industrial Works
Well before our door ever opened, we put a lot of thought into the kind of store we wanted Forge to be and what we wanted to offer. Michelle Mitchell, one of the owners, often turned to one of her favorite shops back home in Texas for inspiration. No matter what she needed (even if she didn’t know what that was), she would find it there! She never left empty-handed. Similarly, our goal at Forge has been to offer a wide range of gifts and home decor items at a wide range of price points, making our store a must-visit destination this holiday season.
As gift-giving picks up pace in the coming weeks, here are a few things we suspect will be best sellers:
1. Our scented sachets are just $3 apiece and meet a variety of holiday needs–hostess gifts, wrapping accessories, and stocking stuffers. With more than a dozen scents, you’ll want to stock up before they sell out! ($3)
2. At Forge, you are sure to find a fun gift for the men in your life! From “Man Cave” and “Bar” signs, to antique tools and industrial accessories, we have it all. Take these heavy iron tool-shaped bottle openers, for example; they are practical and thoughtful! ($9) Image uploaded.
3. The Lay-n-Go was designed by one of Michelle’s friends. Originally designed for toy storage, it is perfect for the home and durable enough to hold up wherever your travels take you. The “Cosmo” size is a 20″ diameter cosmetic mat that converts into an easily transportable handled clutch, allowing for quick and effortless clean-up of your cosmetics. No more dumping your collection onto a towel or having to worry about your cosmetics rolling off the counter and onto the floor! The ultimate cosmetic bag … smart, chic and washable! ($20)
4. Our Mona B handbags have been a smash hit with our customers! Made of upcycled military tents and canvas, they are ultra durable and super stylish! ($50-$120)
5. Mixed in with our grab-and-go jewelry, there are a few truly unique pieces deserving of a little special attention. An Alabama jewelry designer teamed up with a local salvage yard to create one-of-a-kind necklaces and leather cuffs that you can now find a Forge. In fact, you can’t find them anywhere else in the area, and we are completely smitten. Most days you’ll find Michelle or Christen wearing one! ($75-$85)
6. These industrial lamps are handmade by our friend Dusty in Austin, TX. Each lamp is made with salvaged wood and comes with a touch sensor that lights and dims the bulb when the metal is touched. ($190-$200)
These are just a few suggestions to inspire you as you start to shop for your nearest and dearest this year. Regardless of the recipient, we have something special at a price you can afford. If you haven’t yet, pay us a visit at 128 S. Royal Street! We’d love to show you around!