Guest post by Spice & Tea Exchange of Alexandria
Earl Grey Crème Tea and Cardamom Seed add a creamy, unique flavor to a traditional chocolate chip cookie. The resulting combination makes a warm and sweet comfort food.
From The Spice & Tea Exchange®
7 TBS (1 oz) Earl Grey Crème Tea
½ tsp Cardamom Seed, ground
From the Grocer
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
2 cups + 2 TBS all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 large yolk
2 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
¾ cup white chocolate chips
- COMBINE butter and Earl Grey Crème Tea leaves in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and steep on low for 10 mins. Remove from heat, let sit 10 mins.
- POUR thru a mesh strainer, pressing on tea to extract maximum amount of liquid, to equal 1/3 cup melted butter. Allow butter mixture to cool slightly.
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- BEAT brown sugar, melted butter, Cardamom Seed, and granulated sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 2 mins. Add egg and yolk and Madagascar vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- REDUCE speed to low, add flour mixture in 3 additions, scraping down bowl as needed, until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- DROP 2 TBS balls of dough onto prepared sheets. Bake until edges are set but centers are still soft, 15-18 mins, rotating sheets halfway through baking.
- COOL 10 mins before serving.
Yield: 15 cookies
Total Time: 38 mins
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 18 mins